Fishing at Acorn Glade is exclusively for guests staying with us only.
Day fishing passes are available upon request at
£10 per day, per person.
This entitles a guest to fish for 24 hours at one of our four fishing pegs.
Our 1 acre lake is well stocked with still water fish, including the following types:
...hey! watch out for the 'Monster of Melbourne'!
Fishing Site Rules:
1. Guests will require a valid environment agency rod licence, available from the Post Office
2. We have a strict ‘catch and release’ policy
3. No keep nets
4. Disinfectant is provided for dipping landing nets prior to use in the lake (located in a large round black tub near the log store)
5. All fishing equipment including discarded line and bait tins must be removed after use
6. Anglers must be aware that the lake is not solely used for fishing and that other guests may wish to use the rowing boat
7. Fishing equipment must not block the pathways and cause an obstruction for other guests
8. A maximum of two rods can be used per person
9. Only guests registered to stay at Acorn Glade may be permitted to fish
10. Broken or snagged lines must be removed or reported to owners in case lines impact any wildlife
Please note: From time to time pond weed growth may impede the fishing experience. Whilst we accept that to anglers this is a challenge, a certain amount of oxygenating pond weed is vital for ecological balance. We endeavour to remove excessive pond weed where it is considered overly intrusive. Any influx in pond weed is deemed outside of our control and is subject to annual fluctuations in sunlight, nutrients, etc.
Fishing bait is not sold on-site and Acorn Glade does not offer fishing equipment hire.